-- The Home Page of the Finishing Industry

The Hotline: Serious Education ... plus the most fun you can have in metal finishing. Ted Mooney, Webmaster

Bad metal from China is used in jewelry what about flatware?

I'm Sandy from Ohio, I purchased 2 sets of Wallace Camden 20 piece flatware sets-great price or so I thought. Box said originally $70.00 for $19.99. No where in or on this box does it specify anything other than "Premium Stainless Steel",no numbers whatsoever. I know jewelry was being allowed to come into the states with high levels of another dangerous metal-can't remember which. But could this be potential of the same since not listed? Box states Made in China, distributed thru Medford MA. Not wanting to poison my family.........

Thank you for any insight or help you might be able to give,

Sandy Wseterwiller
mother - Columbus, Ohio, USA

First of two simultaneous responses -- March 11, 2011

There is some poor quality stainless made in China, and there is some fine quality. There isn't any fine quality for nineteen bucks.

If you want known good quality, buy some used American made on eBay. It will cost more than nineteen bucks.

Jeffrey Holmes, CEF
- Spartanburg, South Carolina

Second of two simultaneous responses -- March 11, 2011

A year ago I moved back out on my own and needed to get flatware. I wanted Made In USA for the same reason as your concern. I could only find 1, Pearls stainless flatware pattern.

Available at:

Willie Alexander
- Colorado Springs, Colorado

©1995-2015     -    Privacy    -    Search