-- The Home Page of the Finishing Industry

The Hotline: Serious Education ... plus the most fun you can have in metal finishing. Ted Mooney, Webmaster

Gold in Scrap Cars?

Is there gold in scrap cars? We have a Towing and Auto Salvage Business. We scrap cars and trucks all the time. If there is gold in the cars where would it be? I know about Cats.
Just wondering. Thanks for any help.

Mary Lewis
tow company - Washago Canada

Hi, Mary.

To my knowledge, except for some possible thin gold plating on small areas of radio and other electronic connectors there is no gold in automobiles.

Ted Mooney,

I do not know about gold, but I believe that there is some platinum and palladium, around one to two grams used for the catalyst converter.

Khair Shishani
aircraft maintenance - Al Ain, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

©1995-2015     -    Privacy    -    Search