What chemical will free aluminum pistons stuck in cast iron block?

Is there an acid or caustic I can use to disolve the oxide so I can remove pistons?
THIS STANDARD 10 ENGLISH ENGINE HAS BEEN FROZEN FOR 35 YEARS

The Cam is also frozen

Bud Elder
Car Restorer, Hobbyist - Stuart Florida USA
contact

Hi, Bud. Are you trying to salvage the pistons or the block? What about the rings -- they didn't prevent the piston from touching the block? I wouldn't try anything else until you've given WD-40 at least a week or two of daily application. Good luck.

Penetrating oil or WD-40, soak for days or weeks then remove the crank and drive them out from the top with a block of wood and a big hammer. You won't hurt the block, but if I remember correctly the cam in that engine runs directly in the block w/o bearings, so it might be junk anyway.

jeffrey holmes Jeffrey Holmes, CEF
- Spartanburg, South Carolina

A spray product by the name of "blaster" works far better than wd 40 in most cases. I get it at only 1 chain of auto parts stores. If I remember correctly, it is hard on aluminum.

misc. plating stuff
For Sale cheap