-- The Home Page of the Finishing Industry

The Hotline: Serious Education ... plus the most fun you can have in metal finishing. Ted Mooney, Webmaster

Masking material / method for electroless nickel plating

I have several problems to mask areas that I don't want to plate. I would be very appreciative if someone can suggest me what kind of paint can I use to protect the areas not to be plated
thanks very much

Emmanuel Schonwald
- Buenos Aires, Argentina

Hi Emmanuel

I don't call what you are looking for 'paint'; I'd call it a maskant for electroless nickel. You can use high-temperature "plater's tape", or teflon tape if the part is suitable, or elastomer plugs or caps, or a brush-on or spray-on plastisol-type masking aid. There are several manufacturers of specialized masking materials (hopefully our advertisers will respond to you in private).

Ted Mooney,

Our advertisers make this site possible for technical information exchange & camaraderie, and they will contact the inquirers privately regarding their commercial needs.

©1995-2015     -    Privacy    -    Search