-- The Home Page of the Finishing Industry

The Hotline: Serious Education ... plus the most fun you can have in metal finishing. Ted Mooney, Webmaster

Applying a bronze finish on copper

hi I am a restoring a antique clock and need to restore the bronze finish to the legs and handles. I have applied copper leafing thought that would do it but it just looks like copper any steps I should do next? Thanks

Craig Jenkins
hobbyist - West Haven, CT, US

Can you add some details about your clock-is it made of metal or wood?You can colour copper leaf with liver of sulfur solution(20 gm sodium or potassium sulphide/1 lit water).Hope it helps and good luck!

- Zagreb,Croatia

©1995-2015     -    Privacy    -    Search