Cleaning Black Banknotes

Q. I am interested in the question because I am pained by so many people who have been conned of their lifetime savings by cons and cheats in the name of cleaning their defaced currencies. I would like to know the process of cleaning defaced currencies, that is; the chemicals involved, the process undertaken and the availability of the chemicals.

Stiffin Neevets Kamande
banking student - Kenya

A. Hi, Stiffin. Sometimes I have to question the sincerity of such questions because "the black money scam" has been dealt with exhaustively on this site for more than 10 years, on many other websites, in court systems around the world, on the CBS program "60 Minutes" multiple times, on the NBC program "Dateline", and on youtube.

But to repeat yet again: the heart of the scam involves coating a few pieces of real money with iodine and Vaseline or Elmer's glue, and removing the blackening with oxygen bleach or crushed Vitamin C tablets, while convincing you that large piles of worthless black paper are the same blackened banknotes.

The steps involved are:

1). Find gullible and sometimes dishonest people as victims;
2). Discover their prejudices, then inflame their prejudices with stories of the UN or the CIA or Iraq officials or some other group coating trunkfuls of money with secret blackening;
3). Fill trunks with cut up black construction paper or the black output of a Xerox machine, or something else black.
4). Produce by sleight of hand a few pieces of real money, coated with iodine and Elmer's glue, pretending they are representative of the contents of the trunk;
5). Clean these few pieces of real money with the crushed Vitamin C tablets.
6). Tell the victims that the vitamin C tablets are a precious secret chemical designed to remove the secret defacing chemical;
7). Interrupt the cleaning by running out of solution or 'accidentally' knocking the bottle to the floor;
8). Ask for vast sums for this "secret cleaning fluid" when in fact the trunk is full of construction paper not iodine-stained money, and no chemicals can possibly turn construction paper into bank notes.

It's funny that with these trunkfuls of blackened money, they needed your money. Now you can tell me that the Vitamin C tablets aren't cleaning the "blackened currency" and we can continue to despair for humanity :-)

Q. Hi.
My name is okis from Eritrea. I found the same thing. I have seen the web.
A man from foreign country was here with a case of a one billion defaced USD. He told me that these are blackened money which he will give to somebody did not told in a change a machine.
I asked who sent him of this thing. And openly he said the CAI or FBI. I take thirteen pieces and them all since 2007.
What could be so be the chemical if vitamin C is not able to remove it?

okis kari
chemist - Eritrea

----
Ed. note: Well you certainly said just exactly what we predicted, Okis. And we despair as you start your search for a chemical that can magically turn worthless construction paper into bank notes.

Fraud! How to Protect Yourself

Frauds, Scams, and Cons

Crimes of Persuasion

Q. Dear sir,
You said that vitamin 'c ' crushed powder is clear the black money... vitamin c means pure vitamin c or any vitamin c tablet? And how much quantity we have to mix? Please tell me the procedure. First what type of vitamin c is to be used... pure vitamin c or any vitamin c?
With request,
kennedy

vb kennedy
self employed - madanapalle, ap, India

A. Hi, Kennedy.

Sorry, but you have deliberately completely misunderstood this thread. Thousands of pages of exposés, court cases and warnings have been printed. At least 3 television programs have focused on it. And after I've explained the scam in detail a dozen times myself, the foolishness of people exhausts my patience :-)

Good luck in your other endeavors although I can only wish you bad luck in this one.

Q. Hi.
This article is very important to me because I became a victim by this way.
The story started that this people has some money which is defaced and require to be cured. These africans said that they need some original banknotes in order to cure this black notes as you must put 1 original note between each 2 black notes. they did a demonstration and so on as usual.
They will supply the chemicals and I will supply the original notes.
I was in doubt so I supplied only $10,000 USD in order to make a test. After they had started the curing using a dark liquid and before completing the job by another clear liquid they stopped the procedures because they need another money to buy the materials.
I stopped this deal and kept the package which is corrupted with the dark liquid with me.
I will try to use crushed vitamin C in order to clean the original notes to take my money back.

yasser abdelaziz
- Egypt

Hi, Yasser.

The whole idea of this scam is to use sleight of hand to convince you that the useless black paper that you are holding is blackened money. Good luck, but there is no real money in the package. They left with your money in their possession; they switched it and left you with worthless black paper. Sorry, but the sooner you realize it, the sooner you can stop being scammed.

Q. As you knew the process someone has done the first part of job for me and for now the monies are between aluminium and I just need the chemical to clear the money.

ali saber
- tehran, iran

That's the thing, folks.

No matter that this scam has been exposed ten thousand times, and people read of the ten thousand victims who are holding worthless suitcases full of construction paper, they remain convinced that their suitcase is full of real money.

Or the scammers read the exposés themselves, change one insignificant detail, like inventing this "halfway" aluminum color, and there is a whole new group of people anxious to be scammed.

Please search youtube for "black money" and you'll see dozens of examples of these suitcases; you'll see scammers who were caught and who explain it all step by step; you'll see the crying people who left their family penniless by believing this nonsense.

My friend has defaced currency. He tried so many times to clean it, but no success yet. So who can help him for it? Which one is the genuine agency or persons in India. He already contacted so many agencies but they got money from him and then are not coming for work and cheated him.

With regards,

sudheesh
- india

... as I just finished saying ...

People will remain firmly convinced that their suitcase full of worthless black construction paper is actually defaced currency, and they just have to find the right cleaning agent. And nothing will dissuade them. So they will be scammed again ... and again ... and again. Sorry for your troubles, Sudheesh, but thank you for proving my point.

Q. Hi. I am a victim of the black money scam. I was tricked and we put money together with white papers in a box and we indicated a black solution and I was told to give them money for washing the chemical. After the scammers started asking for more money I realized it was a scam. I have the same box with me and I know it's the one because it's my cell phone box; it has never left my sight when with them and now they're trying to get it. How can I clean the chemical off my money? Please help me.

Chanda Mulenga
- Lusaka, Lusaka, Zambia

Hi Chanda.

Please stop telling yourself the same tired story that no magician can trick you. Thousands upon thousands of people keep telling themselves that they still have the real blackened money rather than worthless paper, and every one of them is wrong and is squandering the opportunity for the authorities to apprehend the scammers. If they are still contacting you, alert the authorities while they can still be apprehended.

I read the comments on the fake defaced currency that the cheater keep only some pieces of original pieces with a very big amount of black cut pieces but the currency I have is a genuine one as it get tested by number of technicians in front of me but cleaned only two pieces each time by each technician. I have also doubt so recently I keep a vigil watch when a technician comes and cleans 2 pieces. You are requested to please inform me a genuine agency which can clean my currency as all the technicians I contacted proved cheats and grabbed my very big amount. I am a Indian and now I decided not to pay any amount of upfront money. Please guide me.

PAWAN KUMAR SETHI
- dehradun,uttrakhand,india

Hi cousin Pawan.

It is one thing to pay a couple of dollars to go to a show for the amusement of watching a magician astound you. But to bet your life savings that the magician can't trick you is absolute, deliberate, unforgivable stupidity.

The only thing that is for certain is that you are not finished being cheated yet -- because you insist on betting your money against professionals who earn their living tricking amateurs like you, who stubbornly insist that they can't be tricked. Geez.

Q. Hello dear sir, I read your every tag, but my uncle is a church father. He got from switzerland some of black notes; he did not buy the notes but he got them funded to him. But still now we are searching and losing money but we not get right chemical, some technicians coming and cleaning but notes are not cleaning fully; some are half and some are not leaving black full, but notes is 100% good notes, because he is reverend father not other people. Please tell me any solution.

ramu naidu
- hyderabad india

----
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." -- Mark Twain

Q. Hi Ramu,
I am in same position as like as you, somebody donate in a orphanage house some black money and just left. These all are real notes. We are trying to clean it - but no success, if you are successful please help me to clean it.

Missonery of Poorchild
MISSIONERY FOR POOR - Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Hi. It's quite sad that someone would steal from a missionary for poor children, but that's what seems to be going on. This is the cleverest scam ever because they can "give" you this "money" (actually just worthless black paper) and then get money from you for the "magic cleaning solution" again and again. Each time giving you back in real money much less than you give them for the cleaning solution, pocketing the profits.

Q. Hi there
I had some of the black dollars which a technician cleaned for me and they turned into the dollars but now we were waiting for the activation powder & some chemical elements which make the dollars strong but unfortunately the technician got arrested and the whole bunch is left with me.
Can anyone suggest me what's the next procedure?

Jay Dave
- nairobi , central , kenya

Hi. Now that the technician has been arrested is the time for you to go to the police and make sure he stays in jail for a long time, along with anyone else involved. Some day you will realize the huge favor the police did for you.

Do you honestly think that this pile of worthless black paper that never was dollars can somehow be turned into dollars despite the fact that you've been told otherwise by knowledgable people countless times, and despite the fact that the criminals have confessed countless times and told you exactly how the trick is done? Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!

Q. Hey

I read all the Questions and answers. And yes I am victim too. I know I have been cheated ... but can you tell me can I recover my original dollars anyhow?? Please!

Neel Akash
- New Delhi, New Delhi and India

Sorry Neel. The problem is you don't have your original dollars, the scammers have them. You have construction paper. All you can do is hope that the authorities can catch the scammers and get some small part of your money back, but it sounds highly unlikely. Sorry.

Q. Thanks for reply. No they didn't took the originals from inside the packet. I am sure. Because that packet was with me all the time. When ever it open I was there with my close eyes. So I am 100% the originals are in the packet. Which after injecting chemical become black. Now I want to know how to recover the originals?? Can you tell me?

Neel Akash
- New Delhi, New Delhi and India

A. Here we go again ... yet another person who claims they cannot be tricked by a magician.

I'm not trying to be mean, Neel, I'm just asking you a second time to focus on how to help the authorities quickly locate the scammers rather than being distracted with this false hope that you still have your money. Regards,

Q. The scammers tried to black some of original bills which I have had. How can I clean some of original bills which belong to me which are now black? Please advise.

Prabhu dayal
- Delhi, India

A. Hi. "It's easier to fool people than convince them that they have been fooled". Sorry, you do NOT have your original bills.

I was also scammed and am picking up the pieces. They took 133 thousand.
But I just want to know how they did this. While I was watching. It's not like it was only 10k and easy to steal. How was this possible. I would like to move on in my life and rebuild my life again. I just want some answers. thank you.

Luke c [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- England Birmingham

Hi. We deleted your last name because $133,000 is enough to attract a whole 'nother round of scammers who will promise the moon: unblacken the paper, intercept the original scammers, get your money back through a secret government recovery program, or whatever.

We'll probably never know exactly how they stole your attention while so convincingly letting you believe that your money never left your sight. On the positive side, you've accepted it and can move on. Others remain firmly convinced that the pile of construction paper or black output from a xerox machine that they are holding is their original banknotes, even though there might have been a chance to catch the scammers if they stopped insisting they are too smart to be tricked.