-- The Home Page of the Finishing Industry

The Hotline: Serious Education ... plus the most fun you can have in metal finishing. Ted Mooney, Webmaster

Removing scratches from Lexan drive-thru windows

I own and operate a graffiti removal service. We remove acid etched graffiti from glass, I have a customer who owns a gas station, there is a window that is 1" clear plexiglass that is badly scratched. I need to know how to remove them and maintain a clear window. Can anybody help? can flame polishing be done on the face?

Dave Lepola
graffiti removal from glass - Chicago, Illinois

I don't know if this is helpful, but many years ago when I worked with fabricating objects from Lexan and then machining surfaces, we used mechanical polishing with fine abrasive compounds to restore the optical properties of the machined surfaces.

Gene Packman
process supplier - Great Neck, New York

Hi Dave,

Gene P. hit it on the head ! Yup, use a series of fine polishing compounds.

The last and final polish is using a large diameter felt type wheel, not running too fast.

You could try the local plexiglass suppliers for sourcing out local fabricators.

(It is our sad duty to advise that Freeman passed away April 21, 2012. R.I.P. old friend).

©1995-2015     -    Privacy    -    Search