No popups, no spam.
Folks helping folks with
respect.  You'll like it.
  HomeFAQsBooksHelpWantedAdvertiseContactForum Letter 49329

The finishing.com Hotline: Serious Education ... plus the most fun you can have in metal finishing. Ted Mooney, Webmaster

How to get Aurora Borealis effect on crystal beads?

DEAR SIR,
I HAVE A VACUUM VAPOUR COATING MACHINE FOR CRYSTAL BEADS. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT ELEMENT SHOULD I USE TO ACHIEVE AURORE BOREALIS (AB) EFFECT ON THE SURFACE OF THE CRYSTAL BEADS. ALSO, I NEED THE EFFECT TO BE MORE ON THE REDDISH TONE.

IF ANYONE CAN PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION, IT WILL BE VERY HELPFUL.

MOIZ PATANWALA
product resarch - UAE

Carnival Glass: The Best of the Best

Hi, Moiz. There is a great article at this link on ebay that explains how iridescence and the colorful sheen on carnival glass works. I think you will find this very helpful. For best iridescence you need a coating that varies a bit in thickness; to make it favor red, you need a specific thickness that favors red. Good luck.