High temperature and water-resistant bonding agent for plastic radiator

I need to find a glue or other substance to bond a plastic nipple on the top of a plastic automotive (Mercedes) radiator. The nipple sits atop the radiator and connects to a hose that returns hot water from the engine to the coolant reservoir. The nipple is broken and causes cooloant to leak. The glue must be withstand the high temperature and not dissolve from contact with hot water and coolant.

David Hicks
found the website on google - Dallas, Texas

Hi, David. In general you need to know what kind of plastic it is. My choice would probably be to not remove the leaking nipple but to try to seal around the break with J-B Weldamazoninfo.

All the car parts stores sell the appropriate materials to repair plastic radiators. I believe the proper adhesive is polyester, but don't quote me on that.

I did try to repair one with JB Weld. No good.

jeffrey holmes Jeffrey Holmes, CEF
- Spartanburg, South Carolina

sidebar July 19, 2008

Well, if David wants to give more credence to Jeffrey's hands-on proven experience than to my wild-ass guess, he can just go right ahead then.