-- The Home Page of the Finishing Industry

The Hotline: Serious Education ... plus the most fun you can have in metal finishing. Ted Mooney, Webmaster

Bending silverplated flatware

I am a spoon ring artist and I am trying to find a good way to bend the tines of a silverplated fork to curl around. I have tried heating and cooling, but it distorts the metal. I am trying to find a tool or machine that will bed the tines without heat. Any suggestions?

Shari Levy
hobbyist - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Google McMaster-Carr and look under bar stock bender. There is a small kit that works very well. I have one and have used it on numerous shapes and sizes. Costs around $200. If that is a bit high, search their site for other benders. They have a bunch if you search long enough.

©1995-2015     -    Privacy    -    Search