The finishing.com Hotline -- Serious Education ... plus the most fun you can have in metal finishing

How to take off clear coat from car

(2007)

Hi
I would like to know how to take of the clear coat and paint of my 1993 Dodge Intrepid the hood looks terrible. Every one says that was a Dodge problem with there cars at that time. I want to do it myself so any one tell me what I need to use and the easiest , I know going to be a lot of hard work. thanks

Gail Van Wort
housewife - Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

I had this same problem on my Eclipse and it was not just the clear coat that was affected it was actually pulling off the base coat and primer so we had to take the paint all the way off and start over from scratch and put base primer then base coat and then clear coat on. It was a pain in the butt.

BRIAN JAM
- Aurora, Indiana, United States