Need CBX gold stripping powder

++++++

I would like to know if anyone can tell me what is CBX gold stripping powder or where to get it. Or if it can be bought at a chemical company.
Or if you know of abetter product. I just want to know if it works.

Many Thanks

Gregory Clark
graphic laminating - Birmingham, Alabama

Q. Hello I want to know about CBX powder please tell me about CBX; a lot of thanks for him who tell me about CBX completely please

SHAHID SHAHID
research - PAKISTAN, LAHORE

A. Hi, folks.

My understanding is that "CBX" is not the name of any generic chemical but rather was a Shor International proprietary name for a product. It is now an obsolete product, but they should be able to offer you info.

I have heard, but do not know, that it is anhydrous ferric chloride. If you can tell us what you are trying to accomplish, readers may be able to offer technical assistance with your problem. Good luck!

Q. Please can someone advise where I can be able to source this CBX solution. I will pay for it. At the moment I am recycling gold from old electrical boards and really need this chemical.

Thank You

Oa Oa'ava
Chemical Testing - Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea

www.ishor.com/goldrecovery.php has it for sale.

Penny Haulman
- Temple, Texas USA

Hi, Penny.

Thanks. But actually they do not have it anymore. From the URL that you supplied:

"We apologize for any inconvenience that the discontinuance of CBX may cause, but we sincerely believe that you will be quite pleased to use SubZero instead."

SubZero is a powdered nitric acid substitute, to which HCl is added to make substitute aqua regia =>

But if a reader wants CBX for some purpose for which aqua regia or Subzero is not a good substitute, again I have heard but do not know, that it may simply be anhydrous ferric chloride. Thanks again.

Subzero Acid

Q. How many pounds of material can the starter kit of Subzero process?

How will I know when I need more?

Jeff Swan
student / hobbyist - Auburn Washington United States