The finishing.com Hotline -- Serious Education ... plus the most fun you can have in metal finishing

Dipping Paint

++++++

I am an engineer in Paint process for Disc Brake on Honda Motorcycle

And now we in progess on developing Paint Disc, with Dipping Paint process.
We have tried with usual Dipping process but not good enough result.

May I have some share about how the dipping paint process really need and do.
How the detail. and what paint should I take. also what process should I trough.

please share on me

thanks,

Andhika
- Cibitung, West Java, Indonesia

++++++

I think your question is too broad for us to be able to help you very much via an internet posting, Andhika, but we'll see.. Maybe start with the excellent book "Industrial Painting" by Roobol?

Ted Mooney

++++++

I am not sure what kind of products you are manufacturing. But for a dip paint you need to have a good phosphating layer of 2 -3 microns. Maintain the viscosity of the bath depending on the thickness you need to achieve.
Wishes.

S.V. Aurobind
plating process supplier - Bangalore, India

++++++

Dear Andhika
Sorry but I have only just seen your question - was your problem solved?

I presume you wish to coat the metal on the brake pad fitting - if so I used to supply (some 25 years ago) a dipping black to about 80% of the UK brake lining mf's.
This was a solvent based stoving epoxy as it had to have resistance to the brake fluid.

However, with current technology I would guess you could obtain a similar product but using waterborne technology.

Should you require further info do not hesitate to ask.

Terry Hickling
Birmingham, United Kingdom