No Pop-ups! No Spam!
HomeFAQsBooksHelpWantedsForum  ltr 42008

Need spot test solution or other means to test for Chromium on Aluminum

(2006)

I am a supplier quality engineer & have been using 70 Spot Test solution for IRIDITE Coatings. This solution has expired (gone bad). I am looking for a contact to purchase new. also, I am open to any new solutions for testing chromium presence on Al. Thanks!

Rodney Stone
Enclosures for electronics - Minneapolis

(2006)

Are you trying to verify that it is there, i.e., that the aluminum has been conversion coated? Or are you trying to verify that no hexavalent chromate is present, i.e., that the product is RoHS compatible?

(2006)

I need to simply verify the aluminum has been conversion coated.

Rodney Stone
- Minneapolis, Minnesota

(2006)

Color is a good indicator. Also please see letters 35067, 8243, and 40620. Good luck.