Removing Concrete Splatter from Vinyl Siding

++++++

What would be a safe way to remove dried concrete from vinyl siding? There is only small slashes and I don't want to replace the siding. Would muriatic acidamazoninfo do the job? I know muriatic acid will dissolve concrete, but will it damage the vinyl?

George Behrens
Consumer - Green Bank, West Virginia, USA

++++++

Pure vinyl is completely resistant to muriatic acid. But can't say for sure that the siding is pure vinyl, so try on an inconspicuous spot. Realize that muriatic acid is not only hazardous (wear proper PPE), but the fumes are very corrosive to metal.

++++++

Try a stiff brush first, as long as the vinyl is non-porous it should come off fairly easily. For more worrisome spots try a putty knife.

Marc Banks
Blacksmith - Shawboro, North Carolina

++++++

Believe it or not but I have used a concentrated mix of white sugar in water to safely remove light spatters of concrete from various materials including vinyl.

You can also do a search for concrete dissolver on the net and you will find some commercially prepared mixes for concrete removal that are 100% biodegradable.

Steve C. Chesson
- Raleigh, North Carolina

I have tried concrete on my house and shed. Nothing has worked so far: Vinegar and scrubbing, then high pressure washer, Muriatic Acid and a gallon of water.....brushed on straight muriatic acid and scrubbed it hard and still nothing. I have run out of ideas except for 1 last possible product and then sand by shed and house if that will work. Note to self. Do not believe anyone if they tell you the dried concrete will come off later.

Bob Nelson
- Denver, Colorado, USA

Hi Bob. It's very hard to believe that straight muriatic acid and a scrub brush will not remove concrete spatters.