The finishing.com Hotline -- Serious Education ... plus the most fun you can have in metal finishing

Bleach and C.L.R.

++++++

I accidentally mixed bleach with C.L.R., and I realized this can't be good, I did breathe some in and was wondering what my concerns should be?

Saverio Portolesi
T.J industries - hamilton, Ontario, Canada

++++++

I think your concern should be to not do it again, and to tell family and friends not to do it, Saverio. If you want to go to the doctor about it, do so. I wouldn't if I felt alright, but that's just the personal philosophy of someone you never met; it's not medical advice.

Ted Mooney

Hey, I just did the same thing and now my throat is sore. As soon as they mixed my sinuses were flooded with a burning sensation. Did the feeling go away on its own or are you still suffering? I mean, WOW, I thought I was under a biological weapons attack or something; the second they mixed I was completely overwhelmed with a burning sensation in my throat, lungs, and nose. Did things work out for you? My throat doesn't feel right and I don't have money for doctors. Lesson learned though. Anyway, please post an update as to what happened. Thanks.

Adam Smith
- NY, New York

Please don't try to judge your medical situation by the effects of the fumes on someone else, Adam, whose body is not only different but who also may have received a far smaller dose. Chlorine gas is extremely bad for you.