The finishing.com Hotline -- Serious Education ... plus the most fun you can have in metal finishing

How to emboss aluminum and stainless steel for '60s cars

+++++

1. I have begun a boot strap business we are restoring classic American autos from the 1950's thru the 1960's. During this time period the automobile manufactures placed a lot of aluminum and stainless steel "chrome" on their cars's interiors and exteriors.

2.This chrome was embosed with:
A. Little bumps
B. A quilted design like a 'Roach Coach' a dinner on wheels, but the pattern is much smaller, almost micro in size.
C. This chrome also came with striaght lines embossed on it.
D. Micro boiler plate stars and many other designs.
3. I really need to know where to buy reproductions of these art deco desings or how to manufacture them myself without spending millions of dollars, because I am just a two person operation my wife and me. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank-You

Lonnie Stepp
hobbyist - Tempe, Arizona, U.S.A.

Ed. note: This is a case where you should post photos of what you're looking for, Lonnie.