MOTHERS GUN BLUING OIL?

(2005)

Q. DO YOU HAVE OR CAN YOU PLEASE LOCATE "MOTHERS" GUN BLUING OIL?

KEVIN Ldeleted
JEWELER - MOSCOW, IDAHO, UNITED STATES

(2006)

Q. Hi I would like to buy some Mothers gun bluing but I can not find it anywhere; can you help me?

Cory Adeleted
- Camas, Washington

A. Hi, Kevin, Cory. Why do you want to use Mothers brand gun bluing when no one seems to know where to get it, or if the product even exists? What is so special about it that you need this one particular brand when there are a dozen readily available brands? Thanks.

(2006)

Q. I have a friend who tells me Mothers brand gun bluing is the best on the market. I have not been able to find it or even anyone who is willing to admit it ever existed. Please help me with this search or at least let me know if I'm chasing my tail. Thanks, Jim.

James Sdeleted
- Wheeler, Wisconsin

A. Numerous Mother's products show up immediately in any search. Numerous gun blues show up immediately in any search. But Mother's gun blue doesn't.

In fact this thread is number one on google and remains unanswered. That's enough evidence for me that it doesn't exist, but I can't prove it. Ask your friend to show you the bottle, or tell him if he was a real friend he'd give you some for Christmas :-)

Birchwood-Casey Gun Bluing

(2007)

Q. Where to buy mothers gun blue.

ROBERT Sdeleted
HOMEOWNER - Mesa, Arizona

(2009)

A. Hi, Robert. This thread has placed #1 on google on this subject for 5 years, while going unchallenged in the claim that such a product doesn't exist. Please settle for another gun blue or tell us why you feel you need this apparently mythical product :-)

This "Mothers gun bluing" everyone is asking about is used (or so I've read) by Meth cooks. Used to make "ice", not really meth. This is from a website for cooks; or should I say basement chemists:

marlin man Wednesday, 1/11/12, 7:16 PM

It's made by mixing 1) [deleted by editor] 2) [deleted by editor] and 3) gun bluing ... in equal parts. Then the mixture is buried in a sealed fish tank or cooler. Some recipes call to suspend strings from the top of the container into the mixture (hence the occasional name "string dope"). Then wait a month. By then crystals will have formed; the crystals are [meth] ice. However, this is not really meth; it's alive. It is a fungus that keeps growing inside your body long after you ingest it (by shooting or smoking). That's why addicts scratch and get open sores; it's the ice forming new crystals in a person's skin. These are called "meth bites." (locally, "ice bites" - assonance is important to addicts, too) ...

David Casse
- Reading, Pennsylvania, USA

Hi, David.

We deleted a little bit because we don't wish to spread a meth recipe.

"assonance is important to addicts, too" -- Are you saying that assonance is important to everyone, and that includes meth addicts? Or are you implying that meth addicts have a special love of assonance?   :-)

Methland

I don't know if they prefer it or need it! I was just reading about it! lol

(learn something new everyday!)

david casse
- reading, pa usa

Yes, we learn everyday. I might possibly have learned about assonance a million years ago in school, but had no idea what it meant when I saw your posting, and had to look it up :-)