-- The Home Page of the Finishing Industry

The Hotline: Serious Education ... plus the most fun you can have in metal finishing. Ted Mooney, Webmaster

Separation of copper from gold mixture

I am a student in University of Sulaimany in Iraq. I have a question: please show me a way for "separation copper from gold" and I mixed gold with copper. I want to separate the two metals by any chemical methods ..please help me, thank you.

Aras Hass
student - Sulaimany, Alikamal, Iraq

One of the metals will dissolve in 50% nitric acid, whilst the other will not. When you have collected and thoroughly washed the metal that will not dissolve, you may send it to me.

Hi Aras,

As Trevor points out, use nitric ... but don't, DON'T send the residue to him ... send it me. He is still working and I'm retired and need some glitter in life.

Freeman Newton
- White Rock, British Columbia, Canada
(It is our sad duty to advise that Freeman passed away April 21, 2012. R.I.P. old friend).

OK Freeman, lets split the spoils.

I separated gold from gold+copper mixture and finally I am having a solution of copper nitrate and now I wish to separate the copper from the solution.

I don't know the separation process for separating copper from copper nitrate. Please guide me in this aspect.

Prabahar Natarajan
Student - India

Well I am not sure my self actually sorry :-(
But If I did know I would tell you.

Matt Close
- Lee on Solent, Gosport, UK

©1995-2015     -    Privacy    -    Search