HOME / sitemapFAQsBOOKSHelp WantedsAdvertiseContact   you are here: Hotline/Forum => Letter 27715
most fun in metal finishing

Changing Polished Chrome to Brushed


I can't find brushed cabinet hinges that I'm looking for. Is there a way to make polished chrome or stainless to look brushed?

Jackie Masters
remodeling - Taylors, South Carolina

August 8, 2009

I am a interior designer with a client renovating a master bath. The new cabinet hardware will be brushed chrome or nickel. We plan to change the faucets and spigot on the jetted tub, but there is some hardware-i.e. grab bar, jet covers--that can't be changed or removed. How can I change the shiny chrome to brushed? I am also a metalsmith, so I have small brass brushes, a flex shaft, 3M polishing wheels, etc. if that would help. Thanks in advance!

Stacy Schultze
Designer & Metalsmith - Warren, NJ, USA
ADD a Q or A to THIS thread START a NEW THREADView This Week's HOT TOPICS



JobshopsCapital Equip. & Install'nChemicals & Consumables Consult'g, Train'g, SoftwareEnvironmental ComplianceTesting Svcs. & DevicesUsed & Surplus

©1995-2015     -    Privacy    -    Search