Stainless steel refrigerator door- removing shipping tape glue

+++

I just purchased an out of the box Stainless Steel refrigerator. The store where I purchased it at used shipping tape to hold the doors closed. I removed the tape but the glue from the tape is still on the finish. What is the best way to remove it? I have also noticed that where the tape was, is now discolored, what, if anything can I do to remove the discoloration?

Joe Garcia
home owner - Las Vegas, Nevada

+++

Get some Xyleneamazoninfo, a tiny can , from your local paint store. Wear protective glovesamazoninfo, put some on a soft rag and rub in the direction of the scratch pattern-not cross wise to the grain. Keep the cloth well damp and it should only take 5 minutes. Don't do anything to the discoloration. It will gradually oxidize to the same hue as the rest of the SS. Do not use abrasives- even soft soap and definitely keep the Brillo pads off of it.

+++++++

Joe G,
If you are still there how did the answer to your query of removing shipping tape from your stainless steel refrigerator work out?

Jon Dewest
- Vancouver, BC, Canada

Hi all and Happy Holidays! I just purchased a Whirlpool stainless refrigerator. It came with a protective blue film on the outside of the doors. I pulled it off carefully, but no matter how hard I tried, there is still remnants of the blue sticky tape around all three handles. I cannot (for the life of me) figure out how to remove it. I don't want to use a sharp instrument to cut it, I've tried pushing it behind the handles, I've tried pulling it off using my fingers. So far, nothing has worked. Any suggestions?

Nancy Arter
buyer - Redondo Beach, California

Hi, Nancy. Considering it's brand new and under warranty, I wouldn't apply any chemical to it until the store takes the responsibility for whatever instructions you should follow.