-- The Home Page of the Finishing Industry

The Hotline: Serious Education ... plus the most fun you can have in metal finishing. Ted Mooney, Webmaster

Remove rust from cast iron Chiminea

I have a beautiful cast iron chiminea. It is a shade of green and is starting to rust badly. Unfortunately, I did not cover it in the rain. Do you know of a way I can remove the rust without the color. Everything I have read about, I can't use because it is a chiminea. I just bought a cover for it, so I'm hoping that I can remove the rust.

Marie Flores
homeowner - Vernon, New Jersey

Hi, Marie. A thin clear coat should be of help in forestalling corrosion (please see the banner at the top of the page). But I would also suggest that as you cover the chiminea, you put a box of desiccant =>
in or under the chiminea. Good luck.

Ted Mooney,

Dri-Z Air

©1995-2015     -    Privacy    -    Search