-- The Home Page of the Finishing Industry

The Hotline: Serious Education ... plus the most fun you can have in metal finishing. Ted Mooney, Webmaster

Titanium alloy for surgical instruments

I'm an engineer and I want to start surgical instruments using titanium alloy, since its corrosion resistance, weight, strength etc are really way better than stainless steels. I'm here in your good respect to get a thorough knowledge of titanium alloy used for surgical instruments along with the techniques involve in its manufacturing of different types of surgical instrument from forging to the final end point. Your quick response in this capacity will be highly appreciated.

Hammad Afzal
- Sialkot, Punjab, Pakistan

Hammad, a good place to start would be Timet's web site, as they have a lot of technical information on the alloys they manufacture. I would strongly suggest you restrict your initial readings to 6-4, for several reasons- it's readily available, as the majority of titanium metal is made into it, and there is much knowledge already established. So start with the "Properties and Processing of 6-4" at

All the best!

lee gearhart
Lee Gearhart

©1995-2015     -    Privacy    -    Search