The finishing.com Hotline -- Serious Education ... plus the most fun you can have in metal finishing

Need Airstream Trailer Polished

+++

RFQ: I need someone in the DFW area to polish a 22' Airstream trailer.

Patricia G [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Euless, Texas
outdated

+++

RFQ: I have a 1995 Airstream Excella and want to have it polished. The clear coat has fallen off of the roof and the sides and it needs polishing.

Alan H [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
Consumer - Huntsville, Texas
outdated

++++

RFQ: I own a 1986 Airstream Travel Trailer and want to refinish the exterior aluminum shell. It is 'aircraft type aluminum' and was originally finished with an acrylic lacquer which has now worn off. I want to know what material I should use to 'buff' or shine the aluminum after I give it a mild acid bath to remove the acrylic lacquer that is still on the surface. Is there someone you know who does this type of work? The trailer is 34 foot long so there's plenty of surface to shine. Can you help me?

Douglas M [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
hobbyist, do-it-yourselfer - Tulsa, OkLouisiana
outdated

Letter 5613 "Polishing an Airstream Trailer" includes some good suggestions on how to polish them. You may also find letter 11151"Moonshine Aluminum Polish (Very Strong)" interesting and amusing. Good luck.

Ted Mooney   Teds signature

RFQ: I own a 1995 Airstream Travel Trailer and want to refinish the exterior aluminum shell. It is 'aircraft type aluminum' and was originally finished with an acrylic lacquer which has now worn off. I want to know what material I should use to 'buff' or shine the aluminum after I give it a mild acid bath to remove the acrylic lacquer that is still on the surface. Is there someone you know who does this type of work? The trailer is 28 foot long so there's plenty of surface to shine. Can you help me?

R Smith
RV OWNER - Orange Beach, Alabama
outdated