Problems in White Phenyle Manufacturing

++

Q. I am a manufacturer of white phenyle but I am getting some problems. Some oils gets deposited on top. Slowly the color fades out. Can anyone please give some hint as what could be the reasons?

Rajeshwari
- Mysore, Karnataka, India

++++

A. It's a normal problem in manufacturing it; it's not a matter of worry. Please mix the water and concentrate very slowly; for example, if you are mixing one liter concentrate with 10 liter water then take one liter concentrate and add a few water then mix the concentrate very slowly again add few water and mix it properly then slowly add a little water then again mix the concentrate. You will get thick white color concentrate and then add water again; this is the procedure.

Prithwi Raj Biswas
- Delhi, India

A. The response to the following query from Rajeshwari, Mysore:

You can add some amount of gum acacia and stir well during manufacturing of this emulsion. The deposition of oil on the top will be emulsified into the aqueous phenyle.

Girish Pargaonkar
- Nashik, Maharashtra, India

A. Dear Sir

Reference Ms Rajeswari, Mysore, problem of oil separation.
Many manufacturers use various perfumery oils for this purpose; in most cases these oils are not emulsified properly to mix homogeneously into the solution.
As such, the oil separation.

KN Chandrasekhar
- Bangalore, India

+++++

Q. How to make it more dark? though I am mixing more amount of cutting oil in less water the phenyle is not getting darker. So any of you suggest me how to make it darker?

Srinivas
chemicals - Hyderabad, Andhrapradesh, India

+++++

Q. Dear sir ,
I made it but after adding perfume, I get smell of cutting oil.
What to add to avoid that smell.

Louis Robert
- NAGPUR, India

+++++++

A. Do add pine oil 1 liter maximum in 200 liters of phenyl; there won't be a smell of cutting oil surely.

Pramod sethi
- New Delhi, India

+++++++

If you can help me at what percentage of chemical should use to make 1 liter of white concentrate.

Thanks & Regards.

inderpal Arya
- Delhi, India

Please tell how to prepare it and the chemicals used in preparation. As there is a preparation test for the B.Ed student.

With Best Wishes

Fareed Ahmed Syed
- Hyderabad, India

Q. I am a manufacturer of it but I am getting some problems, when I add water in concentrate some oil gets deposited on top; slowly the colour fades out, phenyle is not getting darker, I am mixing 1 liter TRO (turkey red oil) and 3 liter pine oil, please suggest.

Raju Upadhyay
- Lucknow, India

Q. Problems in manufacturing: please let me understand what is gum agasia [ed. note: acacia?].

Kaushik Dave
hobbyist - Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India

i. White phenyle Compound:

It's a raw material for preparation of white phenyl. You can add 1 liter phenyle compound with 10/15 liters of water mixture.

Murthy Manapragada
- Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, India

thumbsup2Alrighty then, let's go ahead and pull teeth...   :-)

So, if the way to make "white phenyl" is to add 10-15 parts of water to 1 part of "white phenyle compound", let the question be rephrased as "How does one make 'white phenyle compound' "?

A. Take 500 gram of castor oil, 500 grams of pine oil of 32% and mix both in a steel vessel, heat it with steam till till it gets very hot, take 10 grams of caustic and dissolve it in 100 ml water, pour the caustic solution in the mixture of castor/pine. heat it through steam until it turns dark brown and starts to become thick. Then let it cool down. Then add 200 grams of cutting oil and 100 grams of detol. The compound is ready.

najamuddin.hathiyari
- rajkot, India

Q. I am manufacturing it with out any mixer and packing in plastic bags (1 liter). After weeks storing became water-like or less white; please guide me how to overcome the problem.

subroto chatterjee
manufacturer - Pune, Maharashtra, India

A. 1.First you test your water on water p.H. meter
2.Your water should be 80-170 in pH (It is Hardness test)
3.If your water is hard you use PGN in Pine oil
4.1 liter 40 ml PGN
5.PGN works for softening the water, and create Hardness white phenyl.
6.Lastly I recommend please follow the formula a professional way.

With regards,

satya prakash tripathy
- Angul, Orissa, India

Q. WHAT IS THE FULL FORM OF PGN? AND Please SPECIFY THE QUANTITY WE NEED TO ADD IN ONE LITER COMPOUND TO AVOID OIL SEPARATION. IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY TO SOLVE THE OIL SEPARATION PROBLEM?

VISHAL SAXENA
- BHARATPUR, RAJASTHAN,INDIA

A. Hi Vishal.

I can't answer your questions in full, but PGN is probably "Propylene glycol methyl ether acetate".

Q. Please tell me how to make a phenyl? I am looking to start a small business at home; please help me with details or just give a contact no. of a person to contact for the same.

lalit kansal
rajdeep - pune, Maharashtra, India

Hi, Lalit. There have already been a good number of responses. Please try your best to cast your question in terms of what has already been said, so that the page doesn't just run in circles :-)

Sorry but this page is for public technical discussions; for a number of reasons we do not connect people commercially. Good luck.

A. It is indication of excess pine oil.
Take proper measured t.r.o 1 part and 3 part of pine oil. Shake it uniformly for 5 minutes, the mixture must be in proper ratio,
Wait for 3 days, you will get good result. Recently I heard there is one time introduced, if you have details, give full details

rajashekharaswamy
yellow oil on white phenyle - shimoga Karnataka, India

A. The Concentrate should be made with TRO not with cutting oil.The concentration of TRO and Pine/TOP should be clear.

Viral Gandhi
home products - Mumbai, India

Q. 1. I am heating the castor oil 150 grams & pine oil 150 grams.
2. Next I mix caustic solution.
3. Cooled solution I am mixing cutting oil 200 grams.

Problem: separating the cutting oil.

j.v.r.suresh
- vijayawada, India

Q. Which type or grade of cutting oil can I use?

Bharat lalwani
buyer - Rajkot, Gujrat, India

Q. What should be the proper dilution ratio of pine concentrate with water for maximum dilution ? And should I use emulsifier also along with TRO?

Amol Suryawanshi
industrialist - Ahmedabad, Gujrat, India

Q. How to manufacture it without cutting oil?

madhusudan tirumalasetty
Manufacturer - pulivendla,Kadpa Dt,A.P St,India

Q. I am currently doing trials. I have tried with ready made concentrate in which we need to just add Pine Oil available in the market. But there are not up to the mark. So now I am trying to start full in house. If any one can guide, it will be helpful.

Apurva Khandelwal
- Kolkata, India

A. We are a manufacturer of TRO. While preparing white phenyle confirm purity of TRO: it should be 70% & its pH should be neutral. Take 3 parts pine & 1 part TRO till you get clear transparent brown colour liquid. Take 9 liters water charge 1 liter of this concentrated mix to get 10 liters white phenyl. There will not be any problem of oil separation and fading of colour.

Jagdish Shirodkar
- Thane, Maharashtra, India

Q. Dear Sir, I am planning to start business. Can anyone help me to advise what all chemicals are to be used and in which ratio as well as the procedure to make the concentrate.

regards,

Rohit Bahri
- New Delhi, India

Hi, Rohit.

Please try your best to study the preceding answers and then cast your questions in terms of what has already been said.

Q. Is there any possibility that we make it without using cutting oil?

bharat b
- bhuj, Gujarat and india

RFQ: Kindly inform if you have testing facilities for checking quality of White phenyle , Liquid Soap, Toilet / Marble cleaners. In case you don't have arrangements can you please suggest someone who has.

Thanks & best regards

R.K.Sood

R.K. SOOD
- Kolkata, India.

Q. I am a manufacturer and I am currently using market made concentrate and some yellow oil problem on top.
One more problem: how to thicken it. If I use less water in concentrate then it doesn't fall economical.
How to get rid of these problems.

Rakesh Sharma
- Jaipur, India

Q. White pigment used as emulsifier for disinfectant products. Their pH value is 9-11. Can you give name of the product? Or can we use latex?

Zahid Rashid
- AlKkhobar, Saudi Arabia

Q. Dear sir,
For phenyle manufacturing are any government authorizations or licenses required?
If yes, than what is formality to do that?

Aagam Mehta
- Ahmedabad, India

Q. I want to get the formula of making transparent white phenyle concentrate, I'm already making thick pine oil based white phenyle concentrate. I also want to know if there are any other oils which can be used as a substitute of pine oil. Please help me out, I'm purchasing transparent concentrate at high cost.

Shashank
- Ambala Haryana, India

Q. Sir,

We are a manufacturer of liquid hand soaps, but my main problem is when we clean our hands with our soaps, after washing with water, some foam remains on hands. Please tell us what chemical name removes the foam from hands after cleaning.

Rajnish Gupta
- Noida U.P

Q. Hello everyone,
I am manufacturing it but there is a ring formation (separation) in the neck of the measuring cylinder. Please suggest the way to remove the ring.
I am diluting pine oil in the ratio of 1:10 (1 part pine oil concentrate and 10 parts water).

Harshit Aggarwal
- Meerut, U.P., India

Q. What is cutting oil?

Suresh Kolandai
- Salem, Tamilnadu, India

Q. Respected listener: how to make white phenyle...what is the function of cutting oil in it? Kindly must reply.

Danish
- Pakistan

Q. Dear sir,
I want to make white phenyle; I'm using pine oil & amp; tween 80, and make concentrate and dilute with 30 parts of water ... but final products is very diluted. Please help me how to make darker white phenol.
Please help me what is real chemical combination of white phenol.

Satyendra Shukla
- Gorakhpur, U.P., India

A. A GOOD QUALITY WHITE PHENYLE SHALL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS
- ITS COLOR NEEDS TO BE NATURAL SNOW LIKE WHITE AND AESTHETICALLY EXCELLENT.
- IT SHOUD BE VISCOUS ENOUGH TO DIUTE IN MORE PARTS OF WATER.
- IT MUST SPREAD PLEASANT SMELL WHEN DILUTED WITH WATER.
- IT MUST POSESS ANTI-BACTERIAL PROPERTIES
- IT MUST EASILY EMULSIFY GREASE, GRIME, DIRT AND ACCUMULATION FROM SUBSTRATE.
- IT MUST NOT DEVELOP OIL-WATER SEPARATION LAYER
- IT MUST NOT TURN GREY OR YELLOW AFTER SOME MONTHS
- IT MUST REMAIN STABLE IN EVERY WAY UP TO MORE THAN 30 MONTHS
- IT MUST SHOW (RWC) COEFFICIENT TO DESIRED LEVEL IN LABORATORY
- IT MUST KILL SALMONILATYPHIE AND STAPHACOCALAURUS

DR JAVID AHMAD
- Srinagar Jammu & Kashmir

Q. When I mixed TRO (1part)& pine(3 part) it gets separated after 5 hours why? although both are oils.

Neeta Gawade
- India

Q. Which is better to use with pine oil for concentrated phenyle solution

TRO or Cutting Oil?

Raj Jain
- Rajasthan, India

Q. Dear SIR,
I want to know the formula of phenyle concentrate which is made from PINE OIL,T.R.O AND CUTTING OIL.

kumar budhani
- Navsari,Gujarat,India

Q. I am preparing White Phenyle in village area through the help of SHGs members. After mixing materials, water and white chemicals show in clearly two different layers. So my questions are --
1. Should I insure firstly water pH is what ?
2. In my chemicals has sunray / air entered ?
3. For more white and darkness of phenyle what should I do ?
4.Why water and white chemicals are in two different layers ?

mukesh ranjan verma
- Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India

Q. I am a manufacturer and I am currently using market made concentrate. One problem: how to thicken it? If I use less water in concentrate then also it is not getting thicker.
How to get rid of these problems?

Amol Chaudhari
- Pune, Maharashtra, India

Turkey red oil -- phenyle grade manufacturing method

Q. Dear sir,

We want to make turkey red oil-phenyle grade. Kindly guide me with detailed procedure along with ingredient list. Also suggest me how to make phenyle using this Turkey red oil -- phenyle grade?

I would be highly obliged if you help me in this matter.

Manoj Patel
- Panoli, Gujarat, India

Q. Respected sir,

We have prepared a good concentrate of white phenyl, but it appears very thin. How it should be thickened. There is also a price limit. kindly suggest your valuable advise.

Thanks and regards,

Jitendra Chavan
- Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India

Q. What are the documents required to start manufacturing and selling phynle. Please help.

Dev Mishra
- Roorkee, Uttrakhand, India

Q. Can anybody tell me or phenyle manufacturing business is there any license required from gov.?
My other question is does Manufacturer directly sell phenyl to retailer or is there any requirement of local distributor?

Prathamesh Kamat
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

A. Hello,
Your practical problems are all quite common. Many readers do not have basic knowledge of Emulsion Technology and stability of its emulsion. But unfortunately I feel this is not the correct platform to pass-on true answers.

General problems are making good phenyle conc. preparation by using T.R.O. along with developing body/depth of brightness using Cutting Oil. First of all, readily available cutting oil contains 10-12% Emulsifier (made through Sodium Petroleum Sulphonate of different mol. wt. material with small quantity of Oleic Acid with Ethoxylated-alkyl Phenol). While diluting conc. Phenyle to 15-30 ratio, which gets imbalance the total surfactants ratio of final diluted emulsion is key factors for separation. While selecting T.R.O., first we have to gauge/assess the app. H.L.B.value of product by simply diluting in Water. If turns more than 12 H.L.B value, emulsion will disappear during storage of final emulsion.The pH of product also reflects on the emulsion stability.

The correct practical method by using 60:40 ratio of Castor Oil : Rosin-Soap, which creates body to Phenyle compound and as well as for Emulsion. This soap 1 : 2 (Pine Oil). Emulsion Brightness and viscosity can be improved by adding Cutting Oil Emulsifier and not ready cutting oil (Conc. Approx. 40% diluted in aromatic hydrocarbon solvent to use product to prepare cutting oil )

Rohidas Kamat
Technical Service - Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Q. Respected sir,
I want to start white and colour scented phenyle manufacture. In market, concentrate cost is very high; I am notable to start business so I want to prepare best phenyle concentrate. Please tell me.
Thanking you sir.

hanu mantha rao
- khammam, Andhara Pradesh

Licenses required for Phenyle manufacturing?

We are consulting our client for PHENYLE MANUFACTURING in Pune MIDC area.
We want to know which licenses Company needs to be obtained for starting this business.
Thanks & with warm regards!

CS Pramod Ladda
- Pune Maharashtra

Q. I want to start white and colour scented phenyle manufacture. In market, concentrate cost is very high; I am notable to start business so I want to prepare best phenyle concentrate. Please tell me formulation and raw materials concentrate preparation methods. Sometime raw material available in Chennai dealers address.
Thanking you,

balamuralikrishnan sriramulu
- walajabad (kanchipuram dist), tamilnadu, india

Hi cousin balamuralikrishnan. Please carefully study the previous responses, and then re-post some detailed questions in terms of the information that has already been generously offered. If your posting conveys the impression that you are blowing off the more than 50 previous postings on the topic, rather than fighting to think them through carefully, it isn't going to work. Getting good and useful answers involves substantial work on your own behalf :-)

Heaven helps those who help themselves.

Luck and Regards,

Does the water quality affect the stability of Emulsion?. Is it necessary to use only soft water / RO water to dilute the phenyl concentrate? What are the characteristics of a Good Phenyl Concentrate?

Murali Kumar
- Salem, Tamilnadu, India

----
Readers: Please see our "Looking for a Finishing Service" and "Looking for Products & Services for Our Finishing Shop" pages for active RFQs.
Our advertisers make this site possible for technical information exchange & camaraderie, and they will contact the inquirers privately regarding their commercial needs.