Painting Polished Brass

++

I want to paint a polished brass light fixture to match a redecorating project. It is the standard, hanging candelabra type fixture with chain hanging over a dining room table. I would like to paint it a sage green or maybe even just tone down the brass and give it a green, aged patina to match the new decor. Are there special types of paints or techniques to accomplish this? Thanks for any help.

Toni T deleted
- Raleigh, North Carolina

++++++

I would like to paint a fireplace door, it is made of polished brass, Is there any way to paint the polished brass with a paint that wouldn't be bothered by the heat from the fireplace. If you could help me I would appreciate it. I don't have the money to purchase a new fireplace door.

Thanks for your help,

Debra Mdeleted
- Athens, Texas

Toni, sorry your inquiry has gone unanswered. We suspect that the readers who are able to reply found it too repetitive as this question has been asked and answered many times before. You might look at letters 4498, 15135, 19711, 21943, 22255, 28034, or try our search engine at the bottom of this page.

Debra, there are several brands of high temperature paintamazoninfo listed at Amazon. I'm not sure you'll get quite the look you want from a high temperature paint but you can try it. letters 16430 and 35944 are a start.

+++++++

Is it possible to paint over polished brass shower doors? If so, could you tell me steps to take to do this?

Gayle Webb
- Marietta, GA, USA

Gayle, unless the shower doors were very expensive they are probably not brass, but anodized aluminum dyed to a brass color. Lightly sand them, then good outdoor paint for metal should be reasonably good after a Self-Etching Primeramazoninfo