The finishing.com Hotline -- Serious Education ... plus the most fun you can have in metal finishing

Heat resistant clear coat paint

++

I am searching for a heat resistant clear coat paint, to protect the decoration on a ceramic tile.

Anne Csak
- Cochrane, Alberta, Canada

I am also wondering the same thing. I am going to be having my son's friends painting tiles and making coasters out of them to bring home. I also want to be able to make them into trivets (the larger tiles), so they will have to be heat resistant. What product would work best for this.

I have used Mod Podge to glue and seal the paper onto the top of the tiles, but not sure if something different would be better? :D

Veronica Wilson
- Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA