-- The Home Page of the Finishing Industry

The Hotline: Serious Education ... plus the most fun you can have in metal finishing. Ted Mooney, Webmaster

The effect salt and other contaminants have on rusting

To Whom it may concern,

I am doing a Science Fair project for my biology class, and my topic is: "The Effect salt and other contaminants have on the rate of rusting". I am not sure where to search for research. I was wondering if you could give me a list of sources I would look for research. Moreover, I would like to know the what type of metals I would use for my topic.

Thank you Sincerely,

Columbus High School - Columbus, Georgia, America

Experimental results should be independently verifiable, Monique. To make that easy, use a readily available and duplicable material like nails as the metal -- preferably iron nails (maybe masonry nails) that are not plated or galvanized. Put some in fresh water and some in salt water and see what happens.

Ted Mooney   Teds signature

©1995-2015     -    Privacy    -    Search