-- The Home Page of the Finishing Industry

The Hotline: Serious Education ... plus the most fun you can have in metal finishing. Ted Mooney, Webmaster

Gold precipitation

Explain to me gold precipitation with sodium metabisulphite, and give their reactions, ok? I am a diploma chemical engineer

Bhavin Sadadiya
- Surendranagar, Gujarat, India

++  2nd request

I want to know the process of gold leaching with HCl by using Hydrogen Peroxide [linked by editor to product info at Amazon] as an oxidizing agent. please give me the answer of my question.

Thnx for favorable reply bye,

Bhavin Sadadiya
- Surendranagar, Gujarat, India

I'm very interested in your question. If now you have answer of your question. Please tell me . I'm studying gold leaching.

Chanwit Tuandum
- Thailand

There are several excellent books on precious metal refining available from International Precious Metal Institute (IPMI) as follows; "Refining Precious Metal Wastes" [link is to info about book at Amazon] by C.M.Hoke and "Small Scale Refining of Jewellers' Waste" [link is to product info at Amazon] by Roland Loewen. The books should answer most of your questions.

Good Luck & Best regards,

Jim Sivertsen
United Precious Metal Refining Co. Inc. - Alden, New York, U.S.A.

Some very fine precious metals are lost in furnacing within slags. Recovery using gravity concentration of slags is not the answer.

Is there a chemical method of extraction. CLS does not work because soda ash re-precipitates the metals at ph 7.

Can someone explain if simply hydrochloric acid will produce a chloride and what the reagent is to precipitate the metals. Sodium metabilsulphite works well under certain conditions and is selective as a reagent.

Don Buckley
hobbyist - Braidwood, NSW, Australia

I would like to find out is it possible to precipitate gold using sulphur dioxide.

Palesa Diale
Technician - Randburg, South Africa

Sulphur dioxide, which is available in compressed liquid form in tanks, but is not cheap, can be bubbled through a glass tube to precipitate auric chloride to gold mud powder. Some experts prefer this method.

Wilson Wheatcroft
- Holbrook, Arizona

I am jeya , a student of B.Tech Biotechnology . I have a question about the actual mechanism and percentage of recovery of gold using Chlorella vulgaris from goldsmith effluent.
To have a comparative study between Chlorella vulgaris and Scenedesmus quadricauda.

jeya ramasamy
student - Coimbatore,Tamil nadu, India

i did not neutralize the nitric acid and tried to precipitate with sodium metabisulphite, can neutralize acid after what is the process to save gold

reggie vega
hobby - tukwila Washington

©1995-2015     -    Privacy    -    Search