Aluminium oxide wood finishing

++

I am trying to find out how to do aluminium oxide finish on hard wood floors. Presently I am using polyurethane and uv to finish my hard wood products. Hope you can help me.

Shafees Rdeleted
- Macau

++

I think what you're looking for is a floor sealing epoxy with aluminum pigmentation. It typically contains 30-70% aluminum pigments. I've never seen this used on floors before, as my only experience with it has been for adhesive purposes. The stuff I've used is grey (obviously) from the aluminum, though, and probably wouldn't look too good on your hardwood. That doesn't mean it isn't available - try 3M or some other epoxy or sealant manufacturer.

Erik Mdeleted
- Kingston, New York

++

Pergo makes it's floor products with aluminum oxide in the finish. Harris-Tarket makes a prefinished hardwood with an aluminum oxide enhanced urethane. There may be a source for this product for the do it yourselfer but I am not aware of it.

Jim Jdeleted
- Overland Park, Kansas

----
Ed. note: Absolute Coatings offers Trek Plus, which we understand to be a do it yourself floor finish that includes aluminum oxide for better wear and longer life.

+++

Fuhr International sells an aluminum oxide urethane finish.

Geoff Sdeleted
- Marietta, GA, USA

My co-workers and I are working on some wood floors and the owner wants to refinish them. We have tried to screen and recoat the floors with a water-based finish and the finish doesn't seem to stick. We don't want to sand them unless we have to. I just wanted to know if there is a floor stripper on the market that we could use to make our job a little easier.

John Hernandez
Wood floor installer - Comfort, Texas