-- The Home Page of the Finishing Industry

The Hotline: Serious Education ... plus the most fun you can have in metal finishing. Ted Mooney, Webmaster

Is powder coating durable enough for a wood stove

Is powder coating durable enough for a wood stove?

James T. Schwitzgebel
- Attica, Indiana

I would be concerned about the powder coat being able to handle high enough temperature. Its melting point may be below the max temp of your furnace. I would ask the powder coating supplier how much heat their powder coat can stand.

tim neveau
Tim Neveau
Rochester Hills, Michigan

Yes it is possible to powder coat a wood burning stove. In the UK American companies such as H B Fuller & DuPont Powder Coatings supply such products for the coating of BBQ's, which would I imagine reach similar temperatures with local hot spots. I have seen a BBQ put into a high temperature burn off jig cleaning oven with no effect on the coating.

Alex Jennings
- Hawarden, Wales, UK

©1995-2015     -    Privacy    -    Search