-- The Home Page of the Finishing Industry

The Hotline: Serious Education ... plus the most fun you can have in metal finishing. Ted Mooney, Webmaster

Refinishing cast iron

I just purchased the end cast iron pieces of a bench. I want to refinish the slightly rusted cast iron, paint it and then buy the wood to re-create the bench. What ought I to do? I assume I will need to, using a wire brush, remove the existing rust, under coat it and then spray paint it. What do you recommend as far as the types of products I ought to use and the type of wood good for outside garden benches.

Mary Jo Gallagher
- Silver Spring, Maryland

©1995-2015     -    Privacy    -    Search